• The school day for all students begins at 8:00 sharp. Please have your student at school and ready to begin learning by this time. Breakfast is available in the cafeteria from 7:30-8:00.
• The school day ends at 3:45 for students in grades 1-5, and 3:00 for ECE and Kindergarten students. Kinder and ECE students have the option to stay until 3:45 in our Primary Care program, please ask your teacher for a registration form during the first week of school if you are interested.
• Our goal is for teaching to happen from bell to bell. To help make this possible please make sure your children are ready to start learning by 8:00. Since teaching also happens until the dismissal bell, your children will typically not arrive outside until 3:50-4:00.
• For safety, this year we will be implementing a “kiss and go” lane in front of the school between 7:45-8:00. We ask that you pull forward in this lane, and not let your children out until the front of the line. There will be staff members outside to help monitor this process. If you would like to come into the school, we ask that you use on-street parking surrounding the school, not use the staff parking lots or the “kiss and go” lane.
• We also offer on site after school programming through the Boys and Girls Club beginning on Sept. 6. It runs nightly until 6:30. Registration will begin the first week of school.
• Johnson is a uniform school, and all students are expected to wear a Johnson shirt every day. They are available for sale in the main office.